Kathy gives talks at conferences worldwide and online
Having a child with learning challenges can make it hard to attend a convention. So Kathy talks online and in person. Some past events include:
For ADHD Experts Webinar and Podcast, Kathy gave webinars twice:
“Lessons Learned–And Shared–By Parents Homeschooling Children with ADHD.” Parents who homeschool their children with ADHD say that it can nurture strengths, improve academic performance, and boost self-esteem. Kathy Kuhl explains how all families can customize their child’s education and benefit from a “homeschool perspective.”
“A Parent’s Guide to the Best School Options for Students with ADHD and LD.” Public school, private school, parochial school, charter school, homeschool, or tutors? Kathy Kuhl discusses the pros and cons of different school options, factors to consider, and how to determine which one is best for your child and your family. The podcast is available on Apple, on Spotify, and other platforms.
How to raise a book lover, even when they struggle to learn? On December 29, 2020, on The Homeschool Solutions Show, Janice Campbell interviewed me about homeschooling struggling learners and helping them develop a love of literature and language. Find this show wherever you download podcasts, including Apple Podcasts.
How fun to be interviewed by a good friend! Visit Janice at EverydayEducation.com.
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder affects many children in many ways. On the FASD Hope podcast, I spoke on homeschooling students with FASD with Natalie Vecchione. Click here to listen, or for more details, click here and scroll down to episode 10, for the recording and recommended links. Or find FASD Hope wherever you download podcasts. Be sure to explore the FASD Hope website for more information on this under detected disorder.
Missed this July 2020 conference? It’s not too late to watch.
Homeschooling Special Needs Online Conference is open with lifetime access. Join me and dozens of other special needs homeschool speakers, with dozens of workshops to watch at your convenience. Hear Temple Grandin’s keynote, as well as Hal and Melanie Young, Faith Berens, Rochelle Matthews-Somerville, Peggy Ployhar, Judi Munday, Heather Laurie, and many more special needs experts.
Lifetime access for only $22 includes a virtual swag bag of helpful goodies. Kathy gave two workshops on helping teens and on helping distractible students. Learn more and sign up here.
On April 2, 2020, at 7 PM EDT, I gave a talk on “Crisis Time Schooling at Home for Students with Disabilities.” My hosts, the Parent Educational Advocacy Training Center of Virginia, PEATC, do great work helping Virginia families with students with disabilities. But it’s relevant wherever you live.
- March 2020, Kathy Kuhl, Kristen Eckenwiler and Kathy Kamibayashi (two dyslexia specialists and veteran homeschoolers gave a Q&A on “Have a Special Learner Suddenly at Home?” Hosted by the Home Educators Association of Virginia. It’s available here. We had many families join in who saw Covid crisis homeschooling as their chance to test-drive home education.
In April 2019, AlphaOmega Publications hosted Kathy for a shorter talk on on “Planning Homeschool with a Learning Challenge.” Watch below or on the AOP Facebook page here.
- In September 2018, Kathy discussed “Raising Never-Give-Up Kids,” with Peggy Ployhar at SPED Homeschool Conversations. Watch the replay at the last link, or download the podcast here.
- 2017 Online Homeschool Convention. Kathy’s talk, “Understanding and Helping Our Struggling Learners,” is one of dozens of workshops given by an excellent group of speakers. Buy lifetime access the Online Homeschool Convention and part of your ticket will support Kathy’s work. Thank you.
- On March 22, 2017, Kathy spoke on “Life Skills for ADHD Teenagers and Young Adults,” online, free at Attention Talk Radio, or listen by clicking on the frame below.Sign up for Kathy’s email newsletters here. For even more from Kathy, sign up for weekly blog updates here.
Purchase Recordings of Live Talks
Home Educators Association of Virginia. Click here and search for “Kathy Kuhl.”
Past in-person events:
Kathy loves to talk with parents at events around the world, including major homeschool conventions and conferences. She has spoken at FPEA (2014), HEAV (2012 & 2013, 2016), CHAP (2009, 2013), Midwest, SouthEast, Texas, California, and Missouri Great Homeschool Conventions (2011-18), LEAH (2011 & 2013), FEAST (2013), WHO (2015), TEACH-CT (2011), ENOCH (2010), NCHE (2009), VAHomeschoolers (2009, 2013), GiftsNC (2007, 2008), Kaiserslautern Military Community (2010), SHARE (2012, 2013, 2015, 2017, 2023) among others.
To find out more about these particular events click below:
- Home Educators Association of Virginia
- Florida Parent Educator Association (sells recordings of my talks)
- Great Homeschool Conventions
- The Christian Homeschool Association of Pennsylvania
- New York State Loving Education at Home
- Family Educators Alliance of South Texas
- North Carolinians for Home Education
- Education Network of Christian Homeschoolers of New Jersey
- VAHomeschoolers: The Organization of Virginia Homeschoolers
- GiftsNC INC.
- MidWest Homeschool Convention in Cincinnati
- SHARE Family Education Conferences
Special needs conferences and webinars
Kathy promotes homeschooling by speaking at national conferences. She’s presented talks at the Learning Disabilities Association (2009-2012), CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, 2007, 2009), the Autism Society of America (2008), and the Diamonds in the Rough Conference: Smart Kids Who Learn Differently (2010), among others. She also speaks to smaller groups of education professionals.
For more information:
- Learning Disabilities Association of America
- Children and Adults with ADHD
- Autism Society
- ADHD Expert webinars.
Invite Kathy to speak at your church women’s retreat or event
Kathy also giving talks at women’s retreats. Though accustomed to speaking to parents from many different backgrounds and beliefs, she also enjoys speaking on hope, encouragement, and other Biblical topics. She has been a member of the Presbyterian Church of America for many years, is an alumna of Intervarsity Christian Fellowship and Young Life, and is a student at Reformed Theological Seminary.