Kathy gives talks at conferences worldwide and online
Having a child with learning challenges can make it hard to attend a convention. So Kathy talks online and in person. Some past events include:
ADHD Experts Webinar and Podcast, “A Parent’s Guide to the Best School Options for Students with ADHD and LD. Public school, private school, parochial school, charter school, homeschool, or tutors? Kathy Kuhl discusses the pros and cons of different school options, factors to consider, and how to determine which one is best for your child and your family. The podcast is available on Apple, on Spotify, and other platforms.
How to raise a book lover, even when they struggle to learn? On December 29, 2020, on The Homeschool Solutions Show, Janice Campbell interviewed me about homeschooling struggling learners and helping them develop a love of literature and language. Find this show wherever you download podcasts, including Apple Podcasts.
How fun to be interviewed by a good friend! Visit Janice at EverydayEducation.com.
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder affects many children in many ways. On the FASD Hope podcast, I spoke on homeschooling students with FASD with Natalie Vecchione. Click here to listen, or for more details, click here and scroll down to episode 10, for the recording and recommended links. Or find FASD Hope wherever you download podcasts. Be sure to explore the FASD Hope website for more information on this under detected disorder.
Missed these July 2020 conferences? It’s not too late to see them all
My workshops at these two events are similar, so you can watch either event.
Access through July 2021: the Reimagine Education Online Conference, Academic Success During the COVID-19 Crisis. Join Kathy and 29 other speakers in this online event. $39 to watch replays through July 2021, and enjoy freebies from many speakers. Other speakers included Hal and Melanie Young, Connie Albers, Heidi St. John, as well as special education experts Faith Berens, Dr. Carol Brown, Peggy Ployhar, Kirk Martin, and more. Kathy gave two workshops on helping teens and on helping distractible students. Learn more and sign up here.
Homeschooling Special Needs Online Conference is open with lifetime access. Join me and dozens of other special needs homeschool speakers, with dozens of workshops to watch at your convenience. Hear Temple Grandin’s keynote, as well as Hal and Melanie Young, Faith Berens, Rochelle Matthews-Somerville, Peggy Ployhar, Judi Munday, Heather Laurie, and many more special needs experts.
Lifetime access for only $22 includes a virtual swag bag of helpful goodies. Kathy gave two workshops on helping teens and on helping distractible students. Learn more and sign up here.
On April 2, 2020, at 7 PM EDT, I gave a talk on “Crisis Time Schooling at Home for Students with Disabilities.” My hosts, the Parent Educational Advocacy Training Center of Virginia, PEATC, do great work helping Virginia families with students with disabilities. But it’s relevant wherever you live.
- Friday, March 27, with Kristen Eckenwiler and Kathy Kamibayashi (two dyslexia specialists who are also veteran homeschoolers). Q&A on “Have a Special Learner Suddenly at Home?” Hosted by the Home Educators Association of Virginia, it’s available here. We had many families join in who see this crisis homeschooling as their chance to test-drive home education.
Earlier Online Events
In April 2019, I gave talks for AOP: a short version of “Helping Distractible Students Succeed” for AOP Homeschool.
- In September 2018, Kathy discussed “Raising Never-Give-Up Kids,” with Peggy Ployhar at SPED Homeschool Conversations. Watch the replay at the last link, or download the podcast here.
- 2017 Online Homeschool Convention. Kathy’s talk, “Understanding and Helping Our Struggling Learners,” is one of dozens of workshops given by an excellent group of speakers. Buy lifetime access the Online Homeschool Convention and part of your ticket will support Kathy’s work. Thank you.
- On May 2, 2017, Kathy gave a webinar on “Homeschooling Children with Special Needs” for PEATC of Virginia. (Our apologies for the sound quality.) She explained how to customize curriculum, schedule, and plan for your child’s unique strengths, weaknesses, and interests. Kathy gave suggestions on finding materials and getting support. Also she discussed how to decide whether students need special testing to identify learning problems, and about helpful resources, and mistakes to avoid. This webinar can help you, whether you are looking only for after-school and summer enrichment, are considering homeschooling, or have been homeschooling for years.
- On March 22, 2017, Kathy spoke on “Life Skills for ADHD Teenagers and Young Adults,” online, free at Attention Talk Radio, or listen by clicking on the frame below.Sign up for Kathy’s email newsletters here. For even more from Kathy, sign up for weekly blog updates here.
- On December 1, 2016, Kathy spoke on “Lessons Learned by Homeschool Families that Can Help All Students,” on the ADHD Expert Podcasts and Webinars, hosted by ADDitude Magazine. Replay the webinar here.
- Kathy has also given five workshops for HECOA, the Home Education Council of America. HECOA events can be listened to live or within 24 hours with free basic membership. Paid members can listen indefinitely.
Purchase Recordings of Live Events
Home Educators Association of Virginia. Click here and search for “Kathy Kuhl.”
Past in-person events:
Kathy loves to talk with parents at events around the world, including major homeschool conventions and conferences. She has spoken at FPEA (2014), HEAV (2012 & 2013, 2016), CHAP (2009, 2013), Midwest, SouthEast, Texas, California, and Missouri Great Homeschool Conventions (2011-18), LEAH (2011 & 2013), FEAST (2013), WHO (2015), TEACH-CT (2011), ENOCH (2010), NCHE (2009), VAHomeschoolers (2009, 2013), GiftsNC (2007, 2008), Kaiserslautern Military Community (2010), SHARE (2012, 2013, 2015, 2017) among others.
To find out more about these particular events click below:
- Home Educators Association of Virginia
- Florida Parent Educator Association (sells recordings of my talks)
- Great Homeschool Conventions
- The Christian Homeschool Association of Pennsylvania
- New York State Loving Education at Home
- Family Educators Alliance of South Texas
- North Carolinians for Home Education
- Education Network of Christian Homeschoolers of New Jersey
- VAHomeschoolers: The Organization of Virginia Homeschoolers
- GiftsNC INC.
- MidWest Homeschool Convention in Cincinnati
- SHARE Family Education Conferences
Special needs conferences and webinars
Kathy promotes homeschooling by speaking at national conferences. She’s presented at the Learning Disabilities Association (2009-2012), CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, 2007, 2009), the Autism Society of America (2008), and the Diamonds in the Rough Conference: Smart Kids Who Learn Differently (2010), among others. She also speaks to smaller groups of education professionals.
For more information:
- Learning Disabilities Association of America
- Children and Adults with ADHD
- Autism Society
- ADHD Expert webinars.
Invite Kathy to speak at your church women’s retreat or event
Kathy also enjoys speaking at women’s retreats. Though accustomed to speaking to parents from many different backgrounds and beliefs, she enjoys speaking on hope, encouragement, and other Biblical topics. She has been a member of New Hope Presbyterian Church (PCA) since 1997, and is an alumna of Intervarsity Christian Fellowship and Young Life.